November 4, 2010
Do you like this story?
To protect own computer from viruses, trojan, worm and similar threats, you should use a high-quality anti-virus software. Not using anti-virus software leaves you open to viruses, which may lead to more malware invading your system. Make sure that you install only one anti-virus software, doing otherwise will cause severe system instability.
Here comes frequently asked question: Which anti-virus should I use?Many of us pay a lot of money to buy anti-virus software, but this is so unnecessary, because there are plenty of good free anti-virus software that offer the same kind of protection as the boxed software you can buy at the store.To help you out, I decided to provide you the list of top 9 free anti-virus. Let’s begin with it.
1) Microsoft Security Essentials : This antivirus is from Microsoft team and totally free for Genuine Windows users. It has a good detection rates and most of all very light on resources. Automatic updates works perfectly fine.
2) Avast ! Free Antivirus : Avast is often seen as the biggest competitor to other Antivirus programs as it is very simple and easy to use. Avast is loaded with most features, real-time protection capabilities including web, E-mail, P2P, network shields, boot-time scanning. It is very light on resources and hardly take minutes to schedule scans. But there is one negative point that you have to register first and it takes time to register. Otherwise it is widely preferred Antivirus program for many users.
3) AVG Free Antivirus : AVG has been around in the Antivirus market from ages and gained lot of loyal users to their kitty. They also provide upgraded version which is very costly but I believe that their free Antivirus program is great for users having personal computers. AVG user interface is pretty simple and it takes a minute to install on your computer.
4) Bitdefender : Bitdefender is one of the best contender for top Antivirus software which provides advanced protection against viruses, phishing attacks, spyware, malwaere and various other real-time threats. It takes only minutes to download it and work without slowing down your computer speed. There is also a very nifty feature included in the latest version that it helps to protect leaking your personal information via E-mail, Web or IM.
5) Avira AntiVir Personal : One of the best pick if you are looking for simple to use and light on Antivirus software. It works perfectly fine to detect virus, spyware, rootkit threats. The best part of Avira is that it is quiet outstanding in terms of finding malware. Few false positives about Avira is that it does not inlude E-mail scanner in free version, but if you open any infected E-mail, it comes again into action. And with every update, it shows advertisements but you have choice to disable them. I still believe that Avira is strong Antivirus program and you should try it.
6) Comodo Antivirus + Firewall : This program was started as a commerial Antivirus software but now available free for both personal and commercial use. It is very simple to use, light on resources and doesn’t affect your computer speed. It offers real-time scanning, automatic updates, email scanning, detects worms and spyware. The virus definition is update daily and Host Intrusion Detection allows you to protect from attacking viruses, spyware, and other malware before they infect your computer.
7) A – Squared Free : This program was detecting and removing only trojans in the starting but recently included the Ikarus antivirus engine. It scans your computer from Trojans, Viruses, Spyware, Adware, Worms, Bots, Keyloggers and Dialers. The only negative point about this software is its large virus update size. Its comes with Antivirus + Anti – Spyware.
8 ) Rising Antivirus : Rising Antivirus Free Edition is Antivirus solution from China. It is a simple program which runs low on the memory and do every bit of task that every other Antivirus software does. It protects computers against all types of viruses, Trojans, worms, rootkits and other malicious programs. One feature is good is that it provides full protection to your account information. It mostly updates on alternate days and if you are looking for “install and forget” program, this program is best.
9) PC Tools Antivirus : All-in-one program which can protect your PC from virus, worms, trojans and also included scanning of incoming and outgoing mails. It provides you on-demand scans and automatic updates. The negative points are that free edition offers limited support and updates are non-priority based which are essential for real-time virus protection program.
10) Spyware Doctor with Antivirus 2010 : As the name suggests, its comes with Anti-spyware and Antivirus program which provides full security to your computer. It detects almost every infection like spyware, adware, trojans, viruses, worms, keyloggers, identity theft, phishing, popups and malicious websites. It updates automatically mostly on daily basis.
If you there are other free anti-virus software that was not listed below and you feel its important, please use the comment box to share it thanks.
The World Most Powerful and Sophisticated Free Antivirus Software